Welcome to the UIT MMS Shop!
General Support Information
The Microcomputer Maintenance Services team provides Apple and Dell certified hardware repair services for UNT-owned computers. MMS will coordinate with vendors to provide in-warranty hardware services or facilitate out-of-warranty hardware repairs (at an additional cost).
Winter Break Service Notice: All repairs submitted after 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 19th, will not be picked up until January 2nd, 2020.
Call, click or come by!
Manager: Sharukh Mithani | Lead Technician: Jason Hulett |
• MMS recommends that UNT-owned computers include the purchase of at least a three-year hardware warranty.
• While the computer is under warranty, warranty repairs will be facilitated by the MMS Shop at no additional charge.
• After the warranty expires, or for accidental damage, MMS will help facilitate repairs with the vendor. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repairs.
• Peripherals, such as monitors, keyboards, speakers and mouse devices, are included in the warranty of the computer with which they were originally purchased.
• Consumable supplies, such as batteries, have limited warranties. For example, most notebook batteries are under warranty only for one year. Departments are responsible for replacing batteries after the battery warranty expires.
Out of Warranty Service
MMS provides some support to hardware that is out of warranty. MMS can assist with facilitating service between vendors/commercial repair services and the UNT department that owns the equipment. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repair service.
Not supported by MMS: Printers, data projectors, mobile phones