Welcome to the UIT MMS Shop!
Thanksgiving Break 2018 • University IT Hours
UIT Help Desk
Nov. 21: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., open for walk-ins
Nov. 22: closed
Nov. 23–25: noon to 5 p.m., closed for walk-ins
Microcomputer Maintenance Services and
Adaptive Technology and Learning Lab
Nov. 21: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Nov. 22–23: closed
General Support Information
The Microcomputer Maintenance Services team supports only UNT-owned computers. MMS will coordinate with vendors to provide in-warranty hardware services or facilitate out-of-warranty hardware repairs – at an additional cost.
Call, click or come by!
Manager: Sharukh Mithani | Student Assistants: Rachel Hobbs, Jason Hulett, Bobby Kim
• All UNT-computer purchases are required to include the purchase of at least a three-year hardware warranty.
• While the computer is under warranty, repairs will be facilitated by the MMS Shop at no additional charge.
• After the warranty expires, MMS will help facilitate repairs with the vendor. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repairs provided by vendors.
• Peripherals, such as monitors, keyboards, speakers and mouse devices, are included in the warranty of the computer with which they were originally purchased.
• Consumable supplies, such as batteries, have limited warranties. For example, most notebook batteries are under warranty only for one year. Departments are responsible for ordering their own batteries after the warranty expires.
Out of Warranty Service
MMS provides some support to hardware that is out of warranty. MMS can assist with facilitating service between vendors/commercial repair services and the UNT department that owns the equipment. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repair service.
Not supported by MMS: Printers, data projectors, hand-held devices, and out-of-warranty hardware.
Additional Important Information