Notice: UIT MMS is ending operations on August 31st, 2020. Departments are encouraged to use vendor support options. Please click here for more info on how to use Dell and Apple repair services.
**COVID-19 Response Updates**
Due to the current situation with COVID-19. MMS is not offering drop off or pickup services until further notice. All existing MMS repairs will be put on hold until the University re-opens. If you would like to arrange service, please contact vendors directly. Instructions are in this document
General Support Information
The Microcomputer Maintenance Services team provides Apple and Dell hardware services for UNT-owned computers. MMS will coordinate with vendors to provide in-warranty hardware services or facilitate out-of-warranty hardware repairs (at an additional cost).
Call, click or come by!
Manager: Sharukh Mithani | Lead Technician: Jason Hulett |
• MMS recommends that UNT-owned computers include the purchase of at least a three-year hardware warranty.
• While the computer is under warranty, warranty repairs will be facilitated by the MMS Shop at no additional charge.
• After the warranty expires, or for accidental damage, MMS will help facilitate repairs with the vendor. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repairs.
• Peripherals, such as monitors, keyboards, speakers and mouse devices, are included in the warranty of the computer with which they were originally purchased.
• Consumable supplies, such as batteries, have limited warranties. For example, most notebook batteries are under warranty only for one year. Departments are responsible for replacing batteries after the battery warranty expires.
Out of Warranty Service
MMS provides some support to hardware that is out of warranty. MMS can assist with facilitating service between vendors/commercial repair services and the UNT department that owns the equipment. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repair service.
Not supported by MMS: Printers, data projectors, mobile phones