Welcome to the UIT MMS Shop!
General Support Information
The Microcomputer Maintenance Services team provides Apple and Dell certified hardware repair services for UNT-owned computers. MMS will coordinate with vendors to provide in-warranty hardware services or facilitate out-of-warranty hardware repairs (at an additional cost).
Call, click or come by!
Manager: Sharukh Mithani | Lead Technician: Bobby Kim - Apple Certified iOS/Mac Technician, Dell Certified Technician| Student Assistants: Rachel Hobbs, Jason Hulett - Dell Certified Technicians
• All UNT-computer purchases are required to include the purchase of at least a three-year hardware warranty.
• While the computer is under warranty, repairs will be facilitated by the MMS Shop at no additional charge.
• After the warranty expires, MMS will help facilitate repairs with the vendor. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repairs provided by vendors.
• Peripherals, such as monitors, keyboards, speakers and mouse devices, are included in the warranty of the computer with which they were originally purchased.
• Consumable supplies, such as batteries, have limited warranties. For example, most notebook batteries are under warranty only for one year. Departments are responsible for ordering their own batteries after the warranty expires.
Out of Warranty Service
MMS provides some support to hardware that is out of warranty. MMS can assist with facilitating service between vendors/commercial repair services and the UNT department that owns the equipment. Departments will be responsible for all costs associated with out-of-warranty repair service.
Not supported by MMS: Printers, data projectors, mobile phones