***COVID-19 Virus Update***
The staff of the Sage Hall Computer-Based Testing Center and all mobile laptop testing services will keep its customers updated here on this website as procedures are developed by the UNT administration and community. As of right now, it is highly likely that exams/events will not be occurring in the Sage Hall Testing Center or using the BLB mobile testing carts or the UIT laptop carts at all for the remainder of the spring semester. However, all staff will remain in place for these services and we will switch to advising/facilitating/consulting mode to assist you in any way that we can to ensure that both you and your students have a successful conclusion to the Spring 2020 semester. Currently we are keeping all reserved events on the calendars and please continue to send us reservations for your Maymester/summer/fall classes as no decision has been made about those and we are going to go with the assumption that they will occur.
General information/help: The following websites have been specifically set up for students who would be taking courses online and faculty who would be teaching them – Students: learnanywhere.unt.edu and Faculty: teachanywhere.unt.edu – please go to those websites for assistance for all online teaching and learning. As many courses will be moving to CANVAS and Zoom for delivery, instructions and training on how to use those resources are available at these sites. Additionally, all UNT community members are encouraged to take advantage of several training modules available via our LinkedIn Learning tools. To access LinkedIn Learning, please go to it.unt.edu/linkedinlearning, access your account, and search for Zoom and CANVAS training.
The UIT Helpdesk is here for you! If you have questions about anything and are experiencing info overload, just remember to call 940-565-2324 or email email@example.com.
Our Mission and Purpose
The Sage Hall Computer-Based Testing Center is available for courses that require computerized testing in support of distance, blended or face-to-face classes. Assessment and testing are cornerstones of academic success. The University of North Texas is developing several new strategies to support faculty in the assessment of student learning. The center provides the opportunity for secure, high stakes computer-based testing of larger groups of students. While computer-based testing in labs previously has been available at UNT, the Sage Hall center provides UNT’s larger courses with robust opportunities for assessment.
The Sage Hall Computer-Based Testing Center is an active support partnership of Instructional Information Technology Services, the Center for Learning Experimentation, Application and Research, and the Office of the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
The Sage Hall Computer-Based Testing Center is located in Sage Hall, Room C330, third floor, across the hall from the elevator. The center has four rooms of the following sizes.
|Room 331, 39 stations||Room 333, 24 stations|
|Room 334, 36 stations||Room 335, 36 stations|
|Note: 135 stations are available. Room assignments are determined by the reservation manager.|
Important Note: Only professors or their representative staff members may make reservations.
Reservations and FAQs
- Faculty Presence Required: Faculty members must be present in the testing center during the test.
- Time Requirement: Should your test require custom configuration of the testing center computers, please make an appointment with our technical manager at least one week before the testing event to verify that the setup is correct.
- Setup Responsibility: It is the instructor's responsibility to verify that the computer setup is as they require for their testing event.
- Center Availability: To view the testing center's calendar for available reservation times, please check the calendar. If the time slot you want to request is unavailable due to a prior reservation, please proceed with your request so that it can be reviewed based on the priority described in the General Guidelines.
- Technology in Use: Sage Hall Computer-Based Testing Center Available Technology
- Security: Testing Center Security Information
- Hours of Operation and Guidelines: Hours and General Guidelines
Request a Reservation
- To request a reservation in the Sage Hall Testing Center, please click here and log in with your EUID and password.
Test Monitoring by Trained Personnel
Testing proctors, UNT graduate students who have undergone background checks and received extensive training and supervision, are available upon request to assist in protecting academic probity during exams. Proctors will verify students’ identity by checking photo IDs and help ensure that instructors’ security guidelines during exams are followed, e.g., no notes, textbooks, outside assistance, etc. The proctors do not fulfill the exam duties of the course instructor; they serve as an assistant for protecting academic integrity and security compliance during exams.
Contacts and Inquiries
Testing center use and general inquiries: contact Elizabeth Hinkle-Turner, 940-565-4808, GAB, Room 205.
Reservation times/requests and room availability: contact Sam Wiggins, 940-369-6298, Sage Hall, Room 332A.
Feedback: Have you used our testing center facility? Do you have service suggestion to offer? Help us grow by completing this survey.
Do you have a great idea about information technology? Let us know! Submit your idea today!
- For additional testing opportunities, such as the GRE and other paper-based testing, please see the offerings from UNT Counseling and Testing Services at Chestnut Hall.
- If you are a non-UNT student who needs to take an exam for your college, university or training program, that service is provided by the UNT Counseling and Testing Services department.