Who this is for:
Professors wanting a unified test time (entire class) Remotely and who’s test does NOT utilize multiple choice testing, or relies on work being shown. These exams are presented as questions to students and answers are recorded on either a blank sheet or otherwise oriented page (custom answer sheets may be used)
Who this is not for:
Professors not interested in a live proctor OR individual appointments
How do I request a reservation:
Request your reservation at it.unt.edu/test and write “Zoom & Paper” in the description.
What do I need to know:
· Event Description
· Date and time (Remember to include an end time!)
· How many seats needed (Larger requests may be split depending on daily availability)
· Confirm whether this is an exam or quiz
· Students will need a Laptop compatible with chrome and any smart phone with Zoom OR Zoom also installed on the student computer prior to test day. Students will need a Scanner app* or standalone scanner. (Students without a phone are welcome to utilize our Make up Windows)
· Don’t forget to put Zoom & Paper in the description
*UNT provides all students with “Office Lens” with their Office 365 key.
COVID ready changes:
Students are taking this exam from home—no extra precautions needed
Procedure Professor side:
· Request reservation
· Configure test questions as a timed module OR an exam for further security
· Be ready to join the “Proctor zoom call” 15 minutes prior
· Students will be moved by UIT staff into their respective breakout rooms as they join. (Each breakout room contains 20-30 students and one proctor)
· We strongly recommend keeping Microsoft Teams up in order to more quickly communicate with UIT staff.
· We strongly recommend requiring students raise their hand and “sign out” before submitting/scanning (recording completion time or viewing test submission to ensure test is completed before students end their zoom call)
· Please be available for the duration of requested Test times. You will be given access to move about all open zoom rooms.
*Flexible Turn in solutions. Speak with The Testing Center for suggestions.
Procedure Student side:
· Ensure the latest version of Zoom is installed on your phone or Laptop
· Find a quiet area to test, free of distractions.
· Prepare your answer sheet or work area
· Position your phone or laptop so that your entire work area is visible. (Please note, in the event of suspected cheating you may be asked to show alternate views or turn your microphone on.
· You will be moved to a breakout room and given the password to start your exam once your room has filled.
· Please avoid clicking around for any reason other than scrolling through questions or raising your hand to submit.
· Once you’re ready to submit raise your hand and you will be moved to our “submission room” to confirm your test is closed. Once your test is submitted you may end the zoom call.