The OneDrive Desktop Application lets you easily sync files between your computer, or multiple computers, and your OneDrive. You can choose specific folders to sync or drag and drop items from your PC to your OneDrive Pro folder to seamlessly connect your files to 25 GB of cloud storage.
OneDrive is available for Windows only, at this time there is not a client for Mac OS.
- Operating system: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, or Windows 7
Supported Versions of Office
- Office 2013 comes with the OneDrive desktop client already installed.
- Office 2007 and 2010 require an installation of a free OneDrive desktop client.
- If you do not have Office installed you can still use the OneDrive desktop client.
OneDrive desktop Client
Instructions for use
- If you have Office 2013 you should not need to install the OneDrive desktop client.
- If you have an older version of Office or do not have Office installed please download and install the OneDrive Desktop Client.
- Log into your >a href="//it.unt.edu/%3Ca%20href%3D"https://eagleconnect.unt.edu">https://eagleconnect.unt.edu">EagleConnect Account and select the OneDrive tab.
Click on the Sync Icon
*When I click on Sync nothing occurs
- A window should pop up requesting permissions. Choose “Allow”.
A window will open requesting you to “Sign In”. Type your EagleConnect log-in information, which is generally in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org. Then click “Next.”
- You may be prompted to select an account type. If so, choose “Organizational account.”
- You should now be prompted to Sign In using your EagleConnect password.
You should now be prompted to “sync your OneDrive documents?”. If this field is blank you will need to input your “library URL” into that field.
- Your library URL will be in the form of: https://myunt-my.sharepoint.com/personal/firstlast_my_unt_edu/
- You can choose where your synced library is located by selecting “Change” under the library location
- Click ”Sync Now”.
OneDrive Folder Location
Your OneDrive Folder will be located under the “Favorites” section of Windows Explorer. You can find this by going to the “Start Menu” and choosing “Computer”.
When using the Chrome browser you may need to make an exception to allow the Sync function to work in EagleConnect.
- If you see a shield in your address bar click on it, and choose “Load Unsafe Script” and then “Done”. This is safe.
- An “External Protocol Request” window will open. Choose “Launch Application.”