BLB Laptop-Testing Services
Availability and Guidelines
Location and Availability of Services
- 200 laptops—five carts of 40 laptops each—stored in the Business Leadership Building
- This service is available only to College of Business faculty for their classes.
- Delivery of laptops to COB classes outside of the BLB may be possible and will be reviewed for feasibility on a case-by-case basis.
- COB faculty also are invited to use the testing services available in the Sage Hall Computer-Based Testing Center.
- Service includes proctoring of the exams, if desired, and on-site technical support during the exam period.
Mondays–Thursdays: 8 a.m.–9:30 p.m.
Fridays: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
Saturdays: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sundays: Service is not available
Note: Laptops will be delivered at the specified classroom, date and time approximately 15 to 20 minutes prior to the start of the exam. Earlier set-up times for exams usually can be accommodated as well.
General Guidelines and Procedures
No food or beverages are allowed during laptop testing.
Request form: All laptop requests should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance by using the reservation form available through the Service Now system. Generally, priority is given on a first-come, first-served basis. Up to 200 laptops may be requested at one time.
All COB faculty interested in using the laptops for testing are strongly encouraged to fill out the laptop-reservation form and consult with appropriate Instructional IT Services personnel, who will try to accommodate as many needs as feasible and possible. Users should carefully specify on their reservations what technologies, applications and features are required for each laptop-testing session. The room to which the laptops are to be delivered should be specified on the reservation request as well.
Strongly recommended: Set an appointment prior to your testing time to check your requested computer configurations.
All COB faculty and departments using the BLB laptops are expected to consult the UNT Office of the Registrar to effectively follow all rules and guidelines regarding scheduling and announcing of testing dates, places and times in their syllabi and catalog publications.