Welcome to Data Science and Analytics!
The team in Data Science and Analytics, formerly called Research and Statistical Support (RSS), is here to help students, faculty and administrators achieve their research goals using world-class, cutting-edge research technology tools and statistical analysis. Download the brochure.
Your Consultants: Here you will find two full-time, doctorate-awarded research and information technology experts who provide support services on data acquisition and statistical analysis for researchers in the UNT community. The data-acquisition service includes access to data from the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research and other downloadable data for political and social research. DSA has been helping faculty, students and administrators since it was established in the early 1980s.
DSA Serves Students, Faculty and Administrators
DSA maintains the university's research analytic software, evaluates new research software, and provides consultation services to faculty, students, and staff to make available the latest and greatest research tools, methods, statistical analyses and knowledge. Our services are provided with no additional cost to currently enrolled students or full-time employees.
DSA is soliciting for resumes of talented students to work with DSA staff on research projects and learn more about data science; we have positions for Graduate Student Assistantships, Graduate Research Assistantships, and Internships (paid and unpaid). If interested, please send your resume to email@example.com *and* use the subject line: NTSC Recruit.
Data Science and Analytics
Services and Resources
- Application Support Services
- Instructional Support: Short Courses, Tutorials
- Data Support
- Survey Support
- Index of Articles from Research Matters, a column related to statistics or general research in Benchmarks Online, UIT news journal
The mission of the Data Science and Analytics team at the University of North Texas is to facilitate access to current research tools and statistical methodologies and to promote these methods to the research, instructional, and administrative communities at UNT; to encourage a collaborative research environment for researchers through the development and use of innovative computing technologies; to provide training and consultation in the appropriate use of statistical methodologies and computer software, and to facilitate access to data collection and data management technologies.
The DSA team accomplishes these goals by:
- Collaborating with students, faculty, and staff on research projects through appointments, telephone, and email.
- Providing assistance with statistical theory and techniques, software, data management, and research design.
- Keeping current on new statistical computing methodologies and making these technologies available to the UNT community.
- Providing training to the UNT community through short course workshops.
- Providing opportunities for the professional development of the DSA staff.
Before requesting a consultation, please read the Frequently Asked Questions.
Please participate in the Client Feedback Survey.
The office of Data Science and Analytics is part of Research Information Technology Services, an area of UNT's North Texas Scientific Computing.