Who is eligible for the free version of Office 365? Currently enrolled UNT students, faculty, and staff.
How long can it be used? Only while currently enrolled at UNT as a student or currently employed by UNT.
What is included with Office 365?
- Microsoft® Office 2019 for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Microsoft® Office 2019 for macOS 10.13 and macOS 10.14
- Microsoft® Office Mobile for iOS 6.1 and newer
- Microsoft® Office Mobile for Android 4.0 and newer
You will be able to use MS Office on up to five Windows or Mac machines and use MS Office Mobile on up to five mobile devices.
How does this differ from EagleConnect’s OneDrive Office Web Apps that are already available?
The OneDrive Office Web Apps are great solution for managing your MS Office documents on the go, since they may be accessed and modified anywhere you have Internet access and a web browser. The applications included with Microsoft Office 365 are the full, separate applications and can be used “offline,” such as when using the software on a desktop or laptop.
How do I download Microsoft Office 365 apps?
1) Go to Office.com
2) Click "Sign in", then sign in with your EagleConnect Email address and password
3) Click the “Install Office” menu on the right, then click "Office 365 Apps"
4) The Office 365 App suite will start downloading. Follow the on screen instructions listed to complete the installation.
5) Please do not go offline or restart your computer during this process; it is actively installing the software at this point. You likely will see a status indicator like this one:
6) While it is installing, it will offer you the opportunity to sign into your Office 365 suite.
7) Click “Sign in” and you’ll be prompted for a username. Enter your EagleConnect ID, usually in the form of FirstLast@my.unt.edu) and click “Next.”
8) The next screen will ask to verify which type of account you’re using to sign in. Since this is a service through EagleConnect from UNT, select “Organizational account.”
9) At the next page, enter your password and select “Sign in.” At this point, the installer will offer to give you a walk-through of Office 365 or skip to the end where you will be presented with a larger progress indicating the status of your Office install. Once you see the screen below, you are all done and ready to use the software!
Having trouble downloading or installing Office 365?
- For the desktop installation, please be sure you don’t lose internet access or restart your computer during the install.
- Office 365 installation error “Something went wrong”.
- General troubleshooting for installing Office 365.