• Access to files stored locally on your computer via the Z:\ drive.
• Access to local devices on your computer, like printers and microphones.
1. Visit https://cloudlab.euc.untsystem.edu/ in your choice of web browser.
2. Click the left icon labeled “Install VMware Horizon Client.”
3. On the VMware webpage, click the “Go to Downloads” link off to the right of the product for your platform – for instance, VMware Horizon Client for Windows (not Windows 10 UWP) or VMware Horizon Client for Mac.
4. By default, the most recent version is selected and this is fine for our use. Click the blue “Download” button to start downloading the VMware Horizon installation media.
5. The installation process will vary by platform.
i. Open the installation executable that you downloaded. It’s likely named VMware-Horizon-Client-(version).exe
ii. A standard installation is acceptable for our uses, so review the license agreement and click “Agree & Install” to continue.
iii. The installer will install the application and prompt you if a system restart is necessary.
iv. You should then be able to find the VMware Horizon Client in your Start Menu.
i. Open the installation image that you downloaded. It’s likely named VMware-Horizon-Client-(version).dmg
ii. Review the license agreement and click “Agree” to accept.
iii. A “VMware Horizon Client” image will be mounted and open a new window. In this window, drag the “VMware Horizon Client.app” icon to the “Applications” folder to complete the installation.
iv. You should then be able to find the VMware Horizon Client in your Applications folder.
b. Chrome OS / Chrome
i. Rather than downloading a client, the VMware site will redirect you to the Chrome Web Store.
ii. Select the "Add to Chrome" button to install the VMware Horizon Client.
iii. You should then be able to find the VMware Horizon Client from your Finder menu or in the All Apps folder.
6. Open the VMware Horizon Client.
7. When prompted for a Connection Server, enter cloudlab.euc.untsystem.edu and click “Connect.”
8. To sign in, students will use STUDENTS\EUID and employees will use UNT\EUID for the username. Alternatively, you may use your university-provided email address as the username, for instance FirstLast@my.unt.edu for students and First.Last@unt.edu for employees.