Wireless Networks at UNT
Help Desk Menu
- UIT Help Desk Home Page
- Help Desk Frequently Asked Questions
- EagleConnect Email System
- EagleConnect Frequently Asked Questions
- Drupal User Group Help Desk
- Questions? Search the Knowledge Base
- Take the Student Tech Tour
- Lynda.com Information and Login
- Resources for Employees
- Report an Issue
- Information Security – UNT System
- Free and Legal Downloads
- Help Desk Survey of Service
UNT offers several methods of connecting to the wireless network (source). The wireless connections also are discussed on Stop #7 of the Student Tech Tour.
- UNT Network - Secure Network (Preferred)
- Eduroam - Secure Network allowing students, faculty, and staff to access wireless networks at participating Universities.
- Eaglenet - Open Network – This system is scheduled to be phased out in 2016 and its use is no longer recommended.
- ResNet - Only for UNT Housing residents.
UNT Wireless Configuration
The UNT network offers two main benefits over Eaglenet. First, the UNT network has increased security providing encryption. Second, it avoids going through a log-in portal to access the wireless network.
The UNT network does not allow either a percent sign, "%," or question mark, "?," in the password field. If you have either of those in your UNT password, you will need to set a new password online through the Account Management System: ams.unt.edu.
Eduroam Wireless Configuration
Eduroam allows UNT students, faculty, and staff to connect to wireless networks at other participating Universities using UNT Credentials. While you may see the Eduroam network name on campus, it is recommended that UNT students, faculty, and staff use either the Eaglenet or UNT SSID.
Set-up Instructions and Additional Information
Help Desk Support
The UIT Help Desk helps UNT students, faculty, staff, retirees and visitors connect to the wireless network on non-UNT computers.
Note to Employees: If you are a faculty or staff member having difficulty making a connection to a wireless network on a UNT-owned device, please contact your organization's IT representative: UNT Distributed IT Support Group List.
NOTE: The UIT Help Desk can provide limited support in connecting your device to the UNT wireless system. If it is determined that the nature of the issue is beyond our support capabilites, the Help Desk technician may refer users to seek a professional computer support company, as personal computer support is not provided.