UIT New Employee Resources
The following information is provided for new staff members of University Information Technology.
Need to Know
Hours: Generally, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., but the Adaptive Lab; Exam and Research Data Services; and UIT Help Desk have unique schedules. Check their websites for hours of operation.
Idea for IT? Make a suggestion.
Identification Card for Employees: In the first few days of employment, go to Eagle Student Services Center on the west side of the University Union, near the Library. Go to the first floor; the ID Systems area is located at the Student Accounting office, Room 105. Take along your offer letter or another document containing your Employee Number (not your EUID) and a photo ID, such as a driver license.
IT Desktop Support for UIT Staff: https://unts.service-now.com/sm
Keys: UIT Administration will send a Key Request Form to the Structural Door Systems Office. The Key Shop is open 8-11 a.m. and noon-5 p.m., Monday-Friday and is located on the northeast end of Sycamore Hall. Take a photo ID with you to pick up your keys.
Mail, Official: UNT mail is dropped for UIT in Sage Hall, Room 338. You may use the post office services on the first floor of the University Union to mail personal mail, buy stamps, etc. Also, there is a FEDEX drop off box across the street from the UNT Auditorium on Hickory Street, next door to SUBWAY.
MyUNT for HR (for entering your hours and more): https://myhr.unt.edu/
New Employee Orientation This briefing will provide you with an overview of many aspects of the university, such as the Four Bold Goals, employee benefits, and direct deposit of your pay and much more. Be sure to arrive early to get a seat, free coffee and a free UNT t-shirt.
Office Supplies: UIT is located in Sage Hall and GAB; ask your supervisor where your supply closet is located.
Purchasing? Ask your supervisor.
Technology Tour: Good information for students, employees and visitors!
Supervisors: Time and Labor Training
Time Sheet: Enter your time by logging in to my.unt.edu
Nice to Know
- On Campus: Wells Fargo inside the University Union, second floor
- Close to Campus: Chase Bank, 901 Ave C, Suite B, Denton, TX 76201
Bookstore: UNT Barnes and Noble Located on the first floor of the University Union. Note: Discount on Fridays: receive a 10 percent discount on one item if you are wearing green at the time of purchase.
- Business casual
- Wear green on Fridays and show your Mean Green spirit! School colors: green, white and black
- Dr. Baczewski treats the staff to doughnuts in the Sage Hall Breakroom every Friday morning! You may wish to refer to the entry below for Wellness opportunities. ;)
Human Resources • Sycamore Hall, Room 199
Callers to the Human Resources Records and Support Center, 1-855-878-7650, may choose from the following options.
Press 1 = Employment Verifications
Press 2 = Benefits and Retirement
Press 3 = Job Applications, Onboarding
Press 4 = Records
Press 5 = All Other Topics
HR Training and Development
- Hickory streets and Avenue A, north side of the campus, including Chipotle, Pita Pit, Crooked Crust Pizza, SUBWAY, coffee shops and more. The Denton Square is nearby with many restaurants.
- Small cafes in various buildings, such as the Business Leadership Building, BLB, and the General Academic Building, GAB – hours vary with the academic calendar
- University Union Food Court
- UNT Dining Services
- Vending machines are located throughout the campus
Mascot: Scrappy the Eagle. Also in great favor are the albino squirrels and squirrels in general.
U.S. Post Office mail drop: University Union, first floor
• Walking Paths
• Pohl Recreation Center Fact Sheet
• Quit Smoking Community
• Health Education & Awareness