Student Tech Tour, Stop #12: Student IT Resources
UIT Tech Tour Menu
- 1. Help Desk Information
- 2. Account Management System, EagleConnect
- 3. myUNT, EagleAlert, Ask UNT
- 4. Online, Blended Learning
- 5. Student Computer Labs
- 6. Securing Your Data: Backing It Up
- 7. Wireless Connections
- 8. Wireless Connections for Residence Halls
- 9. Copyright Law, IT and You
- 10. Legal Downloads, Entertainment
- 11. Discounts on Hardware, Software
- 12. More IT Resources
Suggestion: Bookmark this page for future reference or download and save the documents on this page to your desktop.
- Is Your Computer Secure? A checklist and resource for password security, virus protection, copyright advice and a variety of other security issues. Source: UNT System Shared Services.
- Student Computer Labs: Contains a map of all UNT Student Computer Lab locations, all lab hours, and information about available resources. Source: UNT Computer Labs office.
- Tips, Information and Resources: A handy brochure with a summary of the IT services available at UNT and how to access them quickly online – save to your desktop, print or bookmark this page.
- IT Resources for Graduate Students: A listing services and resources particularly pertinent to graduate students.
- For Undergraduate Students: Download the Technology Tour #1 with narration. (Microsoft© Powerpoint, .ppsx, 15MB, 8 min., 23 sec. • Narration text, Microsoft© Office, .docx, 147KB)
- For Faculty, Employees, Graduate and Doctoral Students: Download the Technology Tour #2 with narration (Microsoft© PowerPoint, ppsx, 17MB, 9 minutes, 30 sec. • Narration text, Microsoft© Office, .docx, 160KB)
- University IT pamphlet of services. (.pdf, 285KB)
- Research and Statistical Support Services pamphlet: Download for more information about R&SS. (PDF, 299KB)
- Computer Use Policy 14.003
Benchmarks Online for University IT News, Announcements and Information
Published every other month – not too much information, not too little – you can get the latest edition of University IT's news and updates from Benchmarks Online.
Address your email to email@example.com.
In the body of the message, type: SUBscribe unt-benchmarks + your name
Send your email.
Address your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the body of the message type: Sign Off unt-benchmarks + your name
Send your email.
Questions? Contact the Benchmarks Online editor, by email or telephone, 940-565-4068.
Please participate in the Help Desk Client Feedback Survey.
<<< Go to beginning of tour | Congratulations and thank you for finishing the Student Technology Tour! You are welcome to come by the Help Desk for one free chip clip, notepad or lollipop, while supplies last!