The Sage Hall Computer Testing Center provides the opportunity for secure, high-stakes, computer-based testing of larger groups of students. The team members of UIT Desktop Services support the Sage Hall Computer Testing Center by securing the environment and providing constant technical support. For more information, visit the main page for the Sage Hall Computer Testing Center.
If your test requires a setup beyond the standard setup described below, please email our Technical Manager for an appointment at least one week prior to the event to discuss the feasibility of your requested setup. The instructor is responsible to verify the setup is to their requirements.
We have configured the desktops in the Testing Center with the following configuration:
We have configured the Windows desktops with the following configuration.
- Dell OptiPlex 3030 All-In-One (Intel Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM)
- Windows 10 64-bit OS
- iCheckin self-service login client
- Blackboard support web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox & Google Chrome)
- Adobe Acrobat XI Professional
- SSH & SCP clients
- VLC video player
- 7-Zip archive tool
- Microsoft Office 2016
Need specific software? Please ask us.
UIT Desktop technicians are available to demonstrate how to use the classroom and ensure all test environments are to the specifics of the instructor.
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m.*
Location: Sage Hall, Room 154 | Email: UITDesktopServices@unt.edu | Phone: 940-369-6051
* If an exam or event is scheduled after 5 p.m., UIT Desktop Services provides support until the end of the event.