Sage Hall Testing Center Hours, Guidelines
- IITS Home
- UIT Desktop Services
- UIT Desktop Services at Discovery Park
- Exam and Research Data Services
- Sage Hall Computer Testing Center Home
Reservation scheduling is as follows.
|Mondays - Thursdays||8 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.|
|Fridays||8 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturdays||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Reservations are available to administer drop-in testing Monday through Friday.
|8 a.m. - 5 p.m.*|
*A block of time must be reserved by faculty in advance for the center to administer tests to students who wish to drop in to the testing center during the reserved block of time: The center may be reserved for drop-in testing from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Sage Hall, Room 333. At any time the drop-in testing room becomes unavailable, which is usually due to meeting the maximum capacity requested by a reservation, there will be an entry on the calendar to indicate the unavailable times. Professors are encouraged to work with their students to see the availability of the drop-in testing room at least a few days prior to visiting the Sage Hall Computer Testing Center.
Computers available for drop-in testing periods that have been reserved by faculty include the following standard configuration.
- Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit
- Adobe Reader X
- Aleks 3.18
- Certiport Testing Suite
- Internet Explorer 9
- MS Office 2010 32-bit (as per Microsoft recommendation; all plugins are not compatible with 64-bit office 2010)
- Respondus LockDown Browser
Please note that proctoring is not provided by the testing center staff.
General Guidelines and Procedures
No food or beverages are allowed in the lab at any time.
Request Form: Testing hours and all testing requests should be scheduled at least two weeks in advance by using the request form. Though priority is generally given on a first-come/first-served basis there are also some basic priorities as follows:
- Large classes (traditional lecture and online-only) that are not likely to have viable alternative testing venues are given top priority.
- Blended classes without good alternative testing venues are given second priority.
- Testing needs, such as placement, START, TRIO, etc., that contribute to the university goal of providing a superior undergraduate education – especially to historically disadvantaged groups, will be given priority especially during summer orientation sessions.
- Smaller classes that can test concurrently in the center with other smaller classes will be accommodated as feasible; it is understood that these classes may be able to test online in alternative smaller venues on campus.
NOTE: All faculty and departments interested in utilizing the center are strongly encouraged to fill out the testing request form and consult with appropriate IITS personnel; we will try to accommodate as many needs as feasible and possible. Users should carefully confirm on their reservations what technologies, applications, and features will be needed for their testing session(s). It is also recommended that an appointment time is set prior to the reservation to test the computer configurations.
All faculty and departments using the Sage Hall Testing Center are expected to consult the Registrar’s Office in order to effectively follow all rules and guidelines regarding scheduling and announcing testing dates, places and times in their syllabi and catalog publications.