Research & Statistical Support Services
Welcome to R&SS!
The Research and Statistical Support Services team is here to help students, faculty and administrators achieve their research goals using world-class, cutting-edge research technology tools and statistical analysis.
Your Consultants: At R&SS you will find two full-time, doctorate-awarded research and information technology experts who provide support services on data acquisition and statistical analysis for researchers in the UNT community. The data-acquisition service includes access to data from the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research and other downloadable data for political and social research. R&SS has been helping faculty, students and administrators since it was established in the early 1980s.
"Let us help you finish that dissertation, get "un-stuck" and wrestle all that data." Jon Starkweather, Ph.D., R&SS
R&SS Serves Students, Faculty and Administrators
R&SS maintains the university's research analytic software, evaluates new research software, and provides consultation services to faculty, students, and staff to make available the latest and greatest research tools, methods, statistical analyses and knowledge. Our services are provided with no additional cost to currently enrolled students or full-time employees.
Services and Resources
- Application Support Services
- Instructional Support: Short Courses, Tutorials
- Data Support
- Survey Support
- Index of Articles from Research Matters, a column related to statistics or general research in Benchmarks Online, UIT news journal
The mission of the Research and Statistical Support group at the University of North Texas is to facilitate access to current research tools and statistical methodologies and to promote these methods to the research, instructional, and administrative communities at UNT; to encourage a collaborative research environment for researchers through the development and use of innovative computing technologies; to provide training and consultation in the appropriate use of statistical methodologies and computer software; and to facilitate access to data collection and data management technologies.
The R&SS team accomplishes these goals by:
- Collaborating with students, faculty, and staff on research projects through appointments, telephone, and email.
- Providing assistance with statistical theory and techniques, software, data management, and research design.
- Keeping current on new statistical computing methodologies and making these technologies available to the UNT community.
- Providing training to the UNT community through short course workshops.
- Providing opportunities for the professional development of the R&SS staff.
Before requesting a consultation, please read the R&SS Frequently Asked Questions.
Please participate in the R&SS Client Feedback Survey.
Research and Statistical Support is a division of Research Information Technology, part of UNT's University Information Technology Department.