LyndaCampus for Teachers
Help Desk Menu
- UIT Help Desk Home Page
- Help Desk Frequently Asked Questions
- EagleConnect Email System
- EagleConnect Frequently Asked Questions
- Drupal User Group Help Desk
- Questions? Search the Knowledge Base
- Take the Student Tech Tour
- Lynda.com Information and Login
- Resources for Employees
- Report an Issue
- Information Security – UNT System
- Free and Legal Downloads
- Help Desk Survey of Service
Lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills in courses that are not for college credit. Taught by accomplished teachers and recognized industry experts, lynda.com tutorials are high quality resources for employees or students to develop and augment their skills in Microsoft© Office, Adobe Creative Suite, project management, communication, and more.
How does Lynda.com support you as a teacher?
- Find the latest updates to the technology you use every day
- Tracks training for professional development hours
- Allows learning for every type of learning style – auditory, visual, & kinesthetic
- Provides certificates of completion that can be posted to LinkedIn
How can you lead your classroom using Lynda.com?
- Flip the classroom with whole courses from Lynda.com.
- Report on student progress and celebrate “power learners” to boost positivity.
- Assign playlists to classes or individuals for customized, guided learning or tutoring.
- Run mini-challenges to boost student development, e.g., in STEM, Adobe, or Microsoft.
“Flipping the classroom has become something of a buzzword, but it is more than a trend. It’s an effective instructional strategy and a type of blended learning that reverses the traditional learning environment by delivering content outside of the classroom – often online. This is where LyndaCampus excels. Faculty can use whole or parts of courses from Lynda.com, assign playlists for students to follow or conduct a challenge to boost student development. If one student seems to lack a specific skill, such as how to make a table in Word or how to size photos in Photoshop, the teacher can recommend one specific chapter or the whole course to customize teaching for individuals. If faculty want ideas about how or what to enhance their courses with LyndaCampus, members of the CLEAR staff are available as consultants.”
How can you get the most out of Lynda.com?
- Try “Flipping the Classroom” with Lynda
- Create a learning challenge monthly or bi-monthly
- Use bookmarks to indicate favorite videos or courses
- Use the Notes feature to create outlines for your students
- Create and share or assign course playlists
- Download exercise files and have students practice applying knowledge as they go
- Check out the Learning Blog for more education related topics
How can you access Lynda.com at University of North Texas?
All UNT students and employees have access to LyndaCampus here: https://it.unt.edu/lynda.
Where should you start?
View the How to use lynda.com course to learn how to find, access, and view lynda.com tutorials. You may create your classes, playlists, and assignments. To link to LyndaCampus from your course, see the Blackboard Learn instructions here.
How can you get help?
Contact UIT Help Desk with your technical issues, firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment and Redesign, Clear, ClearHelp@unt.edu. Let us know how you like LyndaCampus by sending a short description to email@example.com.