|Information Technology is an integral part of the university experience for everyone. Information Technology starts at your desktop, but can involve systems managed by your department, by University Information Technology (UIT), or by Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS). This document provides information on some of the central IT services that can support your teaching or research activities at UNT.|
- New User Information
- Desktop computing support is provided by a College or Department-level IT support organization. To find your first point of contact for desktop Information Technology issues, refer to the IT Distributed Services-Help Desk Netman
- EUID and Password help – Visit the Account Management System website -- ams.unt.edu -- to check your EUID and/or password status, change your password, and configure your preferred E-mail address there.
- E-mail – Your employing department or college manages your access to Microsoft Office 365, the E-mail system supported for official University business.
- UIT Help Desk – If you don't know where to call, or when no one can help you with your computer on campus, contact the Help Desk,
- 940-565-2324 - email@example.com - Sage Hall, Room 233.
- The Help Desk staff provides information technology support to all faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees, and visitors at UNT. They have primary responsibility for supporting general purpose computing services and also provide a link to distributed computer support areas in the various colleges, departments and administrative units.
- The Enterprise Information System, EIS, portal -- Visit the EIS portal, my.unt.edu, to do a variety of things related to your employment at UNT. Once you have logged-in with your EUID, you can do things like view your paycheck, check your benefits, sign-up for training with human resources and more. You can also verify or update your contact information to make sure you receive Eagle Alert messages: www.unt.edu/eaglealert.
The my.unt.edu portal also provides access to the Faculty Center which allows you to view your course schedule and class rosters, email your students, and assign grades. For more information about the Faculty Center, see: essc.unt.edu/eis/faculty.htm
Instructional Information Technology Services
IITS, a division of UIT, provides a variety of information technology services to the academic community including the following.
- Exam and Research Data Services is responsible for research data entry and automated scanning services for test scoring and course evaluations.
- Sage Hall Testing Center is available for courses needing computerized testing in support of distance, blended, or face to face classes. The testing center is located on the third floor of the Sage Hall across from the elevator.
- UIT Desktop Services supports the goals of the University by facilitating a technical environment that enhances learning, research and testing through the use of technology. UIT Desktop Services provides technical management for the Sage Hall Testing Center and four computer classrooms located at Discovery Park.
Bulk Mail, Classroom Support Services, Blackboard Learn and More
- UNT Bulk Mail System is an automated system that allows authorized University faculty and administrators to send targeted messages to all or selected UNT students. Bulk Mail provides faculty the ability to
- Send E-mail to their entire class or several classes by making a simple selection via a web-based interface
- See a list of their class members and send individual mail messages by clicking on the student's name in the list.
- For more information see: bulkmail.unt.edu and click on the word Information.
- Blackboard Learn, the online course management system, is supported by the ITSS Distributed Learning Support group along with the Center for Learning Enhancement, Assessment, and Redesign, CLEAR. To learn more about Blackboard Learn and UNT's distance learning initiatives, visit (check for popup blockers first): learn.unt.edu, clear.unt.edu and faculty resources.
- The UNT Copyright Resources website provides the UNT community with information about copyright law and resources to help people make good decisions when utilizing copyrighted material: copyright.unt.edu
- Classroom Support Services – Classroom Support Services (CSS), a division of UIT, is funded by the student Technology Use Fee to provide and maintain the audio-visual equipment in UNT’s general-purpose (type "110" and "210") classrooms on the Denton campus. For more information, see: www.css.unt.edu
- Staying Connected at UNT – ITSS’ Data Communications Group provides data and video services for the students, faculty and staff of the UNT System. To connect to our wireless networks see: www.unt.edu/helpdesk/wireless/ The UNT Video Network, UNTVN, provides a resource instruction or collaboration over long distances: clear.unt.edu/about-untvn
- Information Security and Virus Protection – Learn about secure ways to protect your computer by visiting:itss.untsystem.edu/information-security-3. Download McAfee anti-virus products (FREE to UNT faculty, staff and students) from itss.untsystem.edu/antivirus-download
- Student Computer Labs – UNT’s Student Computer Labs are open to anyone with a valid UNT ID card. There are labs throughout the main Denton campus and two at the Discovery Park. The lab in Sage Hall, Room 153, has adaptive hardware and software for students with special needs. These labs are student-fee funded, and are open to faculty on an as-available basis. For more information, including lab hours, some are open 24/7, see: computerlabs.unt.edu.
- Restrictions – UNT computer systems can be used only for activities related to academic work or other professional activities; use for personal commercial gain is not allowed. Learn the rules, by reading the UNT Computer-Use Policy.
- LyndaCampus and Blackboard Learn: LyndaCampus courses can be accessed from within Blackboard Learn and faculty are encouraged to incorporate these materials into their online courses and in a classroom setting. For more information about the LyndaCampus and Blackboard integration, please go to http://bbsupport.unt.edu/lynda. If you would like assistance setting up the integration in your course, please contact the UNT CLEAR Faculty Help Desk by phone at 940-369-7394, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a great idea about information technology? Let us know! Submit your idea today!