Information Technology Governance at UNT
UIT embraces a governance model to clearly define and communicate IT requirements, decision responsibilities, and accountabilities to encourage effective and coordinated deployment of information technology at UNT.
IT Planning and Prioritization Group (ITPP)
- Purpose in brief
- Determine the factors that create value for the university, transforming or growing the university.
- Review and prioritize all project/IT investment proposals submitted by the UNT business units based on the value delivery and linkage to business strategy.
- Prepare a shortlist of high priority proposals which should be submitted to IT Shared Services demand management and should be further prepared for consideration by IT Governance approving bodies.
- Identify project proposals which are mandated and suggest those that may be operational.
- Membership - Senior UNT Administrators
- Chair: Vice President for Enrollment Management
- Associate Vice President for Information Services
- Associate Vice President Data, Analytics, & Institutional Research
- Associate Vice Provost for Learning Enhancement
- Senior Director of University Information Technology
- Senior Director of Administrative Information Technology Support
Technical Architecture Group (TAG)
- Purpose in brief
- Receive input from technical staff
- Accept, analyze, and evaluate IT-related solutions for shared needs
- Provides strong input to UNT Leadership to ensure IT meets the university’s operational needs
- Define and coordinate the procedures, standards, and technology requirements UNT uses to organize data, equipment, and applications
- Membership – IT professional staff
- Chair: Senior Director of University Information Technology
- Academic IT Support
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Information
- College of Visual Arts and Design
- College of Engineering
- Student Computing Lab Managers Chair (non-voting)
- UNT Libraries
- College of Music
- College of Public Affairs and Community Service
- Texas Academy of Math and Sciences
- Finance and Administration
- Decision Support Services
- UNT Police IT Support
- University IT
- Instructional IT Services
- IT User Services
- Staff Council – non-voting
- ITSS Management & Risk Services
- ITSS Communication & Collaboration Services (non-voting)
- ITSS Enterprise Systems Infrastructure Services (non-voting)
- ITSS Strategic Services (non-voting)
- ITSS Campus Technology Support Services (non-voting)
For more information about IT governance at UNT, please send an email to Philip Baczewski, senior director, university information technology.