To participate, simply tell us three things and then submit your idea.
- Why you are submitting an information technology idea – what IT problem are you solving?
- How would your idea solve that problem?
- What features would your idea or app require to work?
If you are ready to suggest an IT acquisition or development project, please create a formal proposal (login required).
- What is the IT Idea Center?
The UNT IT Idea Center is a process by which information technology-centered ideas or projects can be proposed and developed for possible implementation as a formal project or targeted as an incubation project to explore emerging trends. Read more.
- Why should I submit an IT Idea?
You can use the IT Idea Center if you have a suggestion for new Information Technology systems or software that will help the University fulfill its mission. Read more.
- What happens after I submit an idea?
After an IT Idea is proposed, the Idea is forwarded to IT management who have related expertise or oversight for evaluation and recommendation. Read more.
- When can I expect to hear something about my IT Idea suggestion?
You will immediately receive an email acknowledgment that your idea has been received. An IT staff member may contact you for additional explanation or clarification of your idea. Read more
- Who is responsible for the IT Idea Center?
The IT Idea Center is a project of UNT's Information Technology Planning and Prioritization committee, ITPP. Read more.
For more information, see the October 2016 issue of Benchmarks Online.
Where do good ideas come from? View this video for information or inspiration about how innovative ideas are generated.