IT Resources for Graduate Students
Help Desk Menu
- UIT Help Desk Home Page
- Help Desk Frequently Asked Questions
- EagleConnect Email System
- EagleConnect Frequently Asked Questions
- Drupal User Group Help Desk
- Questions? Search the Knowledge Base
- Take the Tech Tour
- Lynda.com Information and Login
- Resources for Employees
- Report an Issue
- Information Security – UNT System
- Free and Legal Downloads
- Help Desk Survey of Service
We hope this page serves as a handy starting point to get you acquainted – or re-acquainted, if you were an undergraduate here – with the resources that are available to you.
University Information Technology provides many of the following resources, including the UIT Help Desk, your starting point for IT connectivity, access issues and troubleshooting. Be sure to look at the "Resources for Students" page as well.
The UIT Help Desk – If you have a computing question and/or problem and can't think of whom to contact or where to look for a solution, just remember to contact the UIT Help Desk.
Student Computer Labs – A list of labs, their locations and operating hours – one is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week; check the SCL website.
Adaptive Computer Lab – The Adaptive Computer Lab, located in Sage Hall, Room 153, is available for UNT students who benefit from acommodations, such as adaptive software and hardware. For more information about adaptive services available for students at the UNT campus, please visit the Office of Disability Accommodation, located in Sage Hall, Room 167.
Other Services and Resources
- Lynda.com courses – More than 4,700 online video tutorials are available to currently enrolled UNT students and employees. LyndaCampus Playlist: Microsoft© Office 365: SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, Acrobat DC, Excel, PowerPoint and more • Recommended by University IT
- High Performance Computing – Graduate students working under the supervision of UNT researchers have access to the Talon high-performance computing system.
- Research and Statistical Support Services, R&SS – Provides research and statistical consulting and more.
- Research Data Services – Services are offered through the Exam and Research Data Services Office to graduate and post-graduate students completing a theses or doctoral dissertation with approval of the major professor: key-entry of survey or research projects into a custom data file, ready for analysis; customized scannable survey forms created using any current form.
- Benchmarks Online – A monthly publication with timely articles including monthly columns from the UIT Help Desk and Research and Statistical Support staff.
- The online Student Tech Tour provides information and resources to help users gain access and connectivity to university services and learning applications.
- Is Your Computer Secure? A checklist and resource for password security, virus protection, copyright advice and a variety of other security issues. Source: UNT System Shared Services.
- Tips, Information and Resources: A handy brochure with a summary of the IT services available at UNT and how to access them quickly online – save to your desktop, print or bookmark this page.