By Jacob Flores, UIT Support Services Manager
Office 365 ProPlus is coming soon to all current students through EagleConnect!
Who will be eligible for Office 365 ProPlus? How long can it be used?
This service is only available to current UNT students. Once you’re no longer a student, your EagleConnect ID will no longer be able to authenticate an Office 365 ProPlus application installation for use.
What is included with Office 365 ProPlus?
- Office 2013 for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1
- Office 2011 for Mac OSX 10.5.8 and newer
- Office Mobile for iOS 6.1 and newer
- Office Mobile for Android 4.0 and newer
You will be able to use Office on up to 5 Windows or Mac machines and use Office Mobile on up to 5 mobile devices.
When will Office 365 ProPlus be available to students?
The official date has yet to be determined, but it will be very soon.
How does this differ from EagleConnect’s OneDrive Office Web Apps that are already available?
The OneDrive Office Web Apps are great solution for managing your Office documents on the go, since they may be accessed and modified anywhere you have internet and a web browser. The applications included with Office 365 ProPlus are the full standalone applications and can be used “offline,” much like you’re used to using on your desktops and laptops. You simply install the suite, sign in with your EagleConnect account, and you’re up and running.
Check out Microsoft’s Office 365 ProPlus FAQ for more information.
How do I start using Office 365 ProPlus?
1) Log into EagleConnect.
2) Click the gear icon near your name at the top right and select “Office 365 Settings.”
3) Select “software” from the menu on the left.
4) It’s best to go with the “recommended” version of Office. For instance, Windows users may be using a 64-bit operating system, but most applications and plugins that integrate with Microsoft Office will be built for the 32-bit version of office. You may select an alternate version if you prefer, however, I’d suggest only advanced users venture into this territory.
5) Select “install” to download the installer for your Office application.
6) Open this downloaded file to start the install.
7) Please do not go offline or restart your computer during this process; it is actively installing the software at this point. You’ll likely see a status indicator like this one:
8) While it’s installing, it will offer to go ahead and sign into your Office 365 suite.
9) Click “Sign in” and you’ll be prompted for a username. Enter your EagleConnect ID (usually in the form of FirstLast@my.unt.edu) and click “Next.”
10) The next screen will ask to verify which type of account you’re using to sign in. Since this is a service through EagleConnect from UNT, select “Organizational account.”
11) At the next page, enter your password and select “Sign in.” At this point, the installer will offer to give you a walkthrough of Office 365 or skip to the end where you’ll be presented with a larger progress indicating the status of your Office install. Once you see the screen below, you’re all set!
1) Download Microsoft’s “Office Mobile” application from the app store.
3) Select “Activate Office” and enter your EagleConnect ID (usually FirstLast@my.unt.edu) in the username field.
4) The next screen will ask to verify which type of account you’re using to sign in. Since this is a service through EagleConnect from UNT, select “Organizational account.” At the next page, enter your password and select “Sign in.”
5) Once you’re sign in, you should be all set!
Having trouble downloading or installing Office 365 ProPlus?
- For the desktop installation, please be sure you don’t lose internet access or restart your computer during the install.
- Office 365 installation error “Something went wrong”.
- General troubleshooting for installing Office 365.
Having trouble logging in?
- See if you can log into your EagleConnect account.
- If you can’t log into EagleConnect, ensure you can log into the Account Management System with your EUID and password. While you’re there, ensure you’re stilling using the correct EagleConnect ID.
As always, if you have any problems, feel free to contact the UIT Helpdesk.
Originally published March 2014 -- Please note that information published in Benchmarks Online is likely to degrade over time, especially links to various Websites. To make sure you have the most current information on a specific topic, it may be best to search the UNT Website - http://www.unt.edu . You can also consult the UNT Helpdesk - http://www.unt.edu/helpdesk/. Questions and comments should be directed to email@example.com.