Microsoft Home Use and E-Learning Available to Faculty and Staff
By Claudia Lynch, Benchmarks Online Editor
The Microsoft Home Use program has been available to UNT faculty and staff members for a number of years, as has Microsoft E-Learning. This is due to the fact that the UNT System has a site license for Microsoft products. Sometimes they are temporarily unavailable, however, when the site license is in the process of being renewed. Following is an announcement that was sent out to the UNT System on November 11, 2013 by Michael DiPaolo, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Information Officer.
DATE: November 11, 2013
TO: All UNT System, UNT, UNT Health Science Center, UNT Dallas Employees
FROM: Michael DiPaolo, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Information Officer
RE: Microsoft Office available to employees for home use
Because the UNT System has a site license for Microsoft products, employees are automatically eligible to use Microsoft Office Professional and Microsoft Learning on their home PC or Mac. If you are an employee of the UNT System, UNT, UNT Dallas or UNT Health Science Center, you can purchase the latest Office suite for less than $10.
Microsoft Learning is available at no cost and has hundreds of courses about Microsoft products. Follow the simple instructions below. Some restrictions apply, most notably:
1) This offer is conditioned upon you being licensed for Office at work.
2) The license expires upon termination of employment.
If you have any questions, contact your helpdesk or departmental IT specialist.
To get your copy of Office:
- Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/
- Select a country.
- Enter your UNT email address and insert the following program code: [Contact Claudia Lynch or your Network Manager for the program code]. Note: This program code is assigned to UNT and may not be shared with anyone outside UNT.
- Follow the directions to download your copy or have one mailed to you.
To enroll in Microsoft Learning:
- Go to: https://business.microsoftelearning.com/activate/
- Input your multiuse access code: IWO11DC02B. (The code is case-sensitive.)
- You are prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live™ ID. (This is the user name and password you will use to access the site each time you log on.) If you don’t already have a Live™ ID, click “sign on” and create one.