Winter Break Hours
By Claudia Lynch, Benchmarks Online Editor
The fall semester is over, winter is upon us; time to rest, relax, catch up on things that were put aside, and generally take a break from what had become your routine these past few months. The following information should help you plan your activities if you need/want to access campus computing facilities over the break.
Following are the hours for Computing and Information Technology Center-managed facilities during the Winter break. The University is closing at noon on Friday, December 23 and is officially closed December 26 though December 30. The University is also closed on January 16, 2012 in honor of MLK Day. The Spring Semester begins on January 17, 2012.
- The Helpdesk will be completely closed on December 24 and 25, with normal hours for telephone and e-mail consultation on December 31. It will be open for telephone and e-mail consultation from 1–6 p.m. on January 1, 2012. The lobby will be closed for walk-in traffic at noon on December 23 and will remain closed until January 2, 2012.
- Data Management Services will be closed when the University is closed -- Friday, December 23 at noon, resume normal hours at 8 a.m. Monday, January 2, 2012.
- The ACS General Access/Adaptive Lab (SYMR 104) will be open during the break with limited hours.
December 18-23: Open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
December 24 - January 1: Closed
January 2-7: Open from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Resume normal hours on January 8.
Hours for Other Campus Facilities
According to their website, Regular UNT Shuttle service was suspended at the end of service, December 16. It will resume January 17. The Discovery Park route will operate on a limited schedule from December 19th - 23rd and January 2nd - 13th. The Eagle Point route will operate on a limited schedule January 12th and 13th. Check the website for changes/further information.
General Access Labs
December 19-23: 7:30 a.m.-5:50 p.m.
December 24-January 1: Closed
January 2-6: 7:30 a.m.-5:50 p.m.
Jannuary 7-16: Closed
January 17: Open at 7:30 a.m. and return to a 24hr schedule.
- College of Information General Access Computer Lab (CI-GACLab) (B205): Closed December 17 - January 16.
- MUSIC: Closed December 17 - January 16.
- PACS Computing Center (College of Public Affairs and Community Service, Chilton Hall): Closed December 18 - January 16.
- CVAD: Closed December 17 - January 16. Reopen at 7:30 a.m. on January 17.
- COE: Closed December 17 - January 16.
- COB: COB Labs (BLB 185 and 190): Closed December 17 - January 16.
- CAS: All four CAS labs (GAB 330, GAB 550, TH 220, WH 120) closed at 5:00 pm on Friday December 16. They will reopen for the Spring 2012 semester at 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday, January 17.
- Engineering General Access Lab (CENGAL, firstname.lastname@example.org, Discovery Park, B129, 891-6733): Closed through Winter Break. They will reopen on January 17 at 9 a.m. for the Spring 2012 Semester.
|Get your alerts fast in case of inclement weather|
|Visit the Emergency Management website|
City of Denton Residents, sign up for the CodeRED Emergency Notification System