Campus Computing News
Newly Revised InHouse Website Launches
By Carolyn Bobo, InHouse Editor,
University Relations, Communicatiions and Marketing
A newly revised InHouse website launched August 18. The internal communications website is designed to keep faculty and staff informed, build unity and pride in UNT and describe how the university is adhering to its core values to accomplish great things. InHouse -- http://inhouse.unt.edu -- provides campus and administrative news, the popular Fun Facts and Portrait Gallery features, benefits information, research news, achievements and accomplishments by colleagues, obituaries, links to calendars and other UNT resources. InHouse also offers opportunities for faculty and staff to post news about departments and people and to share photos of events on campus.
InHouse will replace Announce.unt.edu and a former InHouse site.
InHouse also will be the default homepage on the browsers of most UNT computers. This site will be a great resource for UNT’s employees, offering concise news about the latest events, changes, procedures and happenings on campus.
The site is designed and managed by University Relations, Communications and Marketing, matches the www.unt.edu site, which is designed to provide news and information to future students, donors and readers from outside the university community.
InHouse, with content addressed to faculty and staff, has this strategic purpose:
- Provide a campus wide communications vehicle for news about organizational strategies, business operations, academics, achievements, benefits and other employment-related information, events and community.
- Be the primary source for information that faculty and staff need and want to know, i.e., Human Resources services, parking and street repairs, facilities construction, work rules and processes.
- Engage employees to help them understand how their work contributes to the success and reputation of UNT.
- Help employees recognize UNT’s position as a leader in higher education in Texas and the nation so they can best contribute to a competitive advantage.
- Provide information to help faculty and staff serve as ambassadors for UNT.
- Be the faculty and staff source of choice for campus information.
- Build a greater sense of community and camaraderie in the workplace.
Follow InHouse on Twitter too! http://twitter.com/InHouseUNT