Down the Corridor of Years
Benchmarks Online publications from 2005 note:
- Oracle and PeopleSoft merged.
- Adobe began offering free online instruction on the use of their products.
- Dr. Philip Baczewski was named Director of Academic Computing and User Services January 1, 2005.
- UNT subscribes to TurnItIn.com, a "plagiarism prevention system."
- The State allows UNT to sell surplus property to the general public through direct sales, providing the property is determined to be of no further use to the university.
- Richard Harris retired after 42 years of University service and the "End of an Era" became official.
- Matlab comes to campus.
- A campus RFID interest group was formed.
- John Hooper, technical project manager of the EIS implementation, was appointed in July to replace Coy Hoggard, who was retiring in August, as Executive Director of Administrative Information Systems: "The End of an Era II"
- Denton, and UNT helped evacuees from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.
- The first issue of the InHouse newsletter was published in October.
- A UNT Information Security Handbook for Faculty, Staff and Students was created.
- Sandy Burke, Manager of the CITC Helpdesk, retired:The End of an Era, Final Cut