Down the Corridor of Years
- The CITC outsources student e-mail to Microsoft's Live@edu service under the name "EagleConnect" including the SkyDrive service for online file storage.
- CITC implements Microsoft SharePoint for online collaboration.
- CITC implements project and porfolio management.
- The EagleMail student e-mail system is shut down.
- ACUS installs a new high performance computing (HPC) cluster named "Talon", with 222 compute nodes containing 1792 processor cores, 7168 GB of RAM, and 200 TB of high performance disk storage.
- To accommodate the new HPC system, the CITC machine room installs a dedicated cooling system for the HPC system and a newly-expanded uninterruptible power supply (UPS) system and a diesel-powered generator to provide electricity in the event of a loss of City of Denton power.
- UNT joins Apple's iTunes U.
- ACUS/Adaptive General Access Computing Lab moves to ISB (Sycamore) 104 providing direct access from outside the building.