Down the Corridor of Years
Benchmarks Online publications from 2004 note:
- UNT eCampus takes off.
- The Macintosh Turned 20.
- Employee Self-Service became available through MyUNT Portal.
- jove.acs.unt.edu FQDN retired.
- Video Relay Phone for the Deaf added to the ACS/Adaptive Lab.
- Richard Harris, Associate Vice President for Computing and Chief Technology Officer, was named the IT Executive of the Year for the Dallas-Ft. Worth area by the Society for Information Management on December 13, 2004. According to the Society's press release, "this is one of the most prestigious awards for an IT Executive in the Dallas/Ft Worth Area. It recognizes those individuals who have: (1) used IT to significantly improve the competitive advantage of their organizations; (2) demonstrated how they have used IT to significantly improve their organizations efficiency and effectiveness; and, finally, (3) demonstrated outstanding leadership and management skills within the IT professional community."
- Dr. Maurice C. Leatherbury was named the Associate Vice President for Computing and Chief Technology Officer. He replaced Richard Harris, who retired after 42 years of University service.