Down the Corridor of Years
Benchmarks Online publications from 2007 note:
- The ACS research Unix system, sol.acs.unt.edu was decommissioned.
- A Linux research system with a 4-core Opteron processor replaced some of the functionality of Sol.
- UNT helped the City of Denton celebrate their Sesquicentennial.
- UNT purchased a license for Horizon Wimba’s Live Classroom, a web conferencing tool that enabled users to meet online in a “virtual classroom” using voice video, text chat, whiteboard, polling and application sharing.
- UNT moved from Groupwise to Microsoft Exchange and Outlook for campus-wide e-mail service.
- KnowledgeNet server retired.
- Microcomputer Maintenance Services and Classroom Support Services joined the CITC.
- ACUTA, The Association for Communications Technology Professionals in Higher Education, recognized Benchmarks Online as a particularly effective online newsletter, communicating technical information in a timely, accessible manner.
- UNT standardized on Dell for Windows desktop computers.
- A fire gutted the former location of the Tomato Pizza restaurant, resulting in fiber cable being burned at two locations severing the connection between the main campus and the Research Park.
- CITC reorganized.
- UNT adopted IronPort for SPAM e-mail quarantine.