Down the Corridor of Years
Benchmarks Online publications from 2006 note:
- UNT got a new homepage.
- New Eaglemail Debuts.
- A detailed map of the General Access Computer Lab System became available.
- After years of planning, the majority of the Computing and Information Technology Center's operations moved to the UNT Research Park. Academic Computing and User Services remained in the Information Sciences Building (now Sycamore Hall).
- 8 64-bit dual 4-core opteron nodes were added to the ACUS compute cluster for a total of 56 compute nodes including 50 32-bit CPUs, 104 64-bit CPU cores, 336 Gigabytes of RAM, and about 20 Terabytes of disk storage.
- Horizon Wimba's Voice Tools Suite were integrated with WebCT Vista.
- The Computing and Information Technology Center, the Library, the College of Arts & Sciences, the College of Engineering, and the College of Business Administration cooperated to purchase a subscription to Gartner Core Research Services for all UNT faculty, students, and staff.
- CITC proposed that UNT move to Windows Servers and Microsoft Exchange.