Down the Corridor of Years
Benchmarks Online publications from 2000 note:
- UNT implements a self-service web application for financial aid.
- UNT implements a residence hall data network named ResNet.
- SPSS for CMS is removed from the academic mainframe because it is not Y2K compliant.
- UNT upgrades its total Internet bandwidth from 9 Mbps to 90 Mbps.
- Plans to build an expansion to the Information Sciences Building are announced. The expansion and resulting additional space is planned to be shared between the Computing Center, the Microcomputer Maintenance Shop, and Classroom Support Services.
- After more than a year of development, UNT's "Bulk Student E-mail" system is in place and operational.
- Linux systems were added to some UNT General Access computer labs.
- The General Access Labs celebrate their 10th birthday.