Down the Corridor of Years
Benchmarks Online publications from 2003 note:
- The research UNIX system (Sol) is migrated to a Sun E3500 server running version 8 of the Sun Solaris UNIX operating system.
- The Computing System discontinues dialup networking services.
- Academic mainframe services are discontinued.
- Printing Services entered the era of digital printing.
- USENet news service is discontinued.
- The CheckIn 4 system is debut as a fully web-based application for support of General Access Lab access control.
- Apple debuts its online music store in iTunes.
- UNT upgrades to WebCT Vista.
- A new account management system is implemented to support activation and password changes for Enterprise User IDs (EUID.)
- The EagleNet wireless network is implemented in several key buildings on campus.
- SPAM blocking technology is implemented on UNT Mailhosts.
- The Computing Center is renamed the Computing and Information Technology Center (CITC) and management positions receive new titles.