Administrative Information Technology Services
Welcome to AITS!
The goal of the Administrative Information Technology Services, a division of University Information Services, is to deliver information technology services, infrastructure and consulting to the UNT administrative departments in support of the university's mission.
The AITS team
- achieves its goal within a framework of collaboration, communication, integrity and accountability;
- serves students, faculty and staff within the context of IT support provided to the administrative areas;
- provides support for environments ranging in complexity from email kiosks to desktops to HIPAA and PCI-related services;
- builds and manages server support services both on the departmental and UNT Denton wide scale;
- manages the desktop and mobile user environments for the administrative departments;
- provides web development support for Auxiliary and Business Services;
- provides support services for the Intensive English Language Institute academic lab;
- provides mobile-phone support for all the users in the administrative departments;
- builds and/or manages video surveillance systems;
- builds and/or manages HVAC/Access control systems; supports UNT Athletics and Apogee Stadium;
- is the liaison between the departments and ITSS; and
- provides consulting, planning, design and implementation services for any technology effort initiated by our departments.
To accomplish our mission AITS employs well trained and knowledgeable IT professionals who have an effective combination of academic foundation, technical expertise and experience.
AITS provides a wide range of information technology services to the administrative community. The team is located strategically across campus to provide the most responsive service possible.
The AITS team builds and manages server resources for all of the administrative departments at UNT. The servers range from file servers to web, application, surveillance, environmental controls and database servers. The complexity can range from the very simple to the highly complex to meet the needs of FERPA, HIPAA and PCI regulations.
The AITS team also provides desktop and user support to the administrative departments and staff members. This covers configuration, deployment, security and ongoing management. Support also extends to the labs and public kiosks in each department.
Web Development Support
The AITS team members provide web development for Auxiliary Services and Facilities. Some of development is for sites that have ecommerce needs.
AITS-Supported Divisions and Buildings with Major AITS Support
University Building Locations
Other Sites and Facilities
Discovery Park – Division of Student Affairs
Eagle Student Services Building
Hurley Administration Building
Pohl Recreation Center
Risk Management Building
UNT Athletics and Stadium
Warranch Tennis Center
AITS is an operationally driven information technology services division and our basic mission is to meet the technology needs of all our departments in the pursuit of the University of North Texas mission. Find the AITS organization chart here.